The Bright Ideas program is a suggestion program designed to reward ESS employees for contributing their ideas to help improve our operations. Any idea that is implemented by the ESS management team will earn a $100 bonus!
Ideas can be submitted in four different categories:
- Workplace Safety
- Employee Incentives
Workplace Safety Policy
ESS Clean, Inc. is committed to providing a clean, healthy and safe working environment for all employees and customers. To meet this commitment, we have implemented a comprehensive workplace safety program targeting injury and illness prevention, hazard communication, emergency preparedness and a commitment to safety training and education.
As part of our comprehensive workplace safety program, ESS Clean, Inc. shall commit the appropriate resources to its employees and its management team to ensure compliance with the program and all of its components. Resources include access to information on the hazards associated with the job, training on safe work practices, availability of personal protective equipment, and a designated safety coordinator that shall act as the primary contact for all issues relating to the Workplace Safety Program.
In addition to providing a safe working environment, it is our intention to comply with all applicable local, state and federal safety regulations. The Workplace Safety program is designed to facilitate program administration and regulatory compliance by defining individual and departmental responsibilities.
We are invested in the personal safety of each employee and promise to make all reasonable accommodations to promote safety in the workplace. However, the greatest impact on individual safety is your own. The cooperation of every employee is necessary in order to make this company a safe place in which to work.
Safety Program Overview
At ESS, we believe in preventing accidents before they happen by identifying and addressing the hazards in our workplace. Our comprehensive Workplace Safety Program is designed to address our job-related hazards and ensure the safety of our employees and our customers.
- Job Hazards Assessments
- Safety Rules
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
- Accident Reporting Procedures
- Accident Investigation
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Product Labeling Requirements
- Chemical Safety Training
- Fire Prevention Guidelines
- Fire and Emergency Evacuation Plans
- Weather-related Emergency Response Plans
- Disaster Preparedness Plan
Safety Awareness Training & Education
- Asbestos Awareness
- Bloodborne Pathogens Awareness
- Biohazard Waste Disposal Procedures
- Blood Spill Cleanup Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment: Care and Use
- Proper Lifting Procedures
- Chemical Safety
- fire Prevention & Emergency Preparedness
- Safe Work Practices and Safety Rules
- Handling Workplace Accidents
Safety Awareness Efforts
- Employee Incentive Programs
- Annual Safety Week Celebration
- Monthly Safety Communications
- Safety Job Aides and Posters
Launched in 2010, the participation-based safety incentive programs offer employees a variety of opportunities to win monthly, quarterly, and annual prizes. Click here to learn about the 2020 Safety Program! https://essclean.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2020-Safety-Program-Poster.pdf
Lights! Camera! Action! Move Star Maverick invites you to audition for our 2020 ESS Clean, Inc. production of “To Avoid A “SCENE” Keep Your Workplace Clean! Starring our dedicated and talented ESS Clean Cast Members! To be a “STAR” you will need to follow the Safety “CLIPS”. Read your Quarterly Safety Newsletters and complete the Quizzes. If you want to increase your opportunity to be cast as the “STAR” of this production, send a Safety Share each quarter and earn additional entries for the Annual Grand Prize drawing in December. Don’t take an “INTERMISSION” on Safety but get in the right Safety “FRAME” of mind! (Get the “PICTURE”?)
2020 Safety Week will be in August this year and all participants will be entered into The Safety Week Grand Prize drawing of two $250 winners.
To Avoid A “SCENE” Keep Your Workplace Clean! Here is how to get Safety Prize Entries:
- SAFETY QUIZ. You will be entered in the quarterly raffle when you complete and submit the safety quiz located on the back page of each newsletter.The deadline for entries is noted in the newsletters.
- SAFETY SHARE. You may also qualify to win the “Director’s” Choice Award when you submit a safety share. To compete, share an example of one of the following: (1) New information you learned in this newsletter and how you implemented it on the job; (2) A potentially unsafe act you witnessed or experienced and how you corrected it; or (3) Suggest a way we might improve procedures or training on safety issues.
Break down of Awards!
- $50 RAFFLE PRIZE: Safety quiz participants will be entered in a raffle to win a $50 Walmart gift card. Four will be awarded each quarter.
- $50 “DIRECTOR’S” CHOICE AWARD: Each quarter a $50 Walmart gift card will be awarded to the best Safety Share submitted.
- “DINNER AND A MOVIE” GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE: All participants are entered into a raffle to win a gift package that includes a Big Screen 4K Smart TV with Roku, movie and restaurant gifts cards and snack basket with popcorn, candy and more!! (Or $1000 cash) GRAND PRIZE drawing will be in December.
ESS Clean, Inc.
2406 E. University Ave.
P.O. Box 17067
Urbana, IL 61803-7067
Phone: (217) 337-6701
Fax: (217) 337-6889
2645 N. Oakland Ave.
Decatur, IL 62526
Phone: (217) 791-6325
Fax: (217) 791-6618